Faith in God - Author Unknown

Smitty was a hard-headed farmer. When a flood hit the area, he climbed onto the roof of his house. 


A rescue boat came along but Smitty told them, "No, thanks. I have faith in the Lord. He will save me. 


The waves got even higher and Smitty had to go to the very top of the roof. Another boat came by to save him, but he still insisted that the Lord would save him. 


Then the water began to get his feet wet and a helicopter swooped down to take him away. But Smitty still depended on the Lord to save him. Well, you can easily imagine what happened. Yes. Smitty was drowned. 


When he stood before the Lord in the next world, he complained, "Lord, I had such faith in you. Why didn't you save me?" To which the Lord replied, "What more do you want me to do? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."


Saint James puts it this way in the Scripture: "It is by his actions that a man is put right with God, and not by his faith alone" (James 2:24)