Footprints 1 - Author Unknown

One night I had a dream.

I dreamed I was walking along the beach with God.

and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.

     For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the

     sand, one belonged to me, the other to God.

When the last scene of my life flashed before me,

     I looked back at the footprints in the sand.

     I noticed that many times along the path of life,

     there was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very

     lowest and saddest times in my life.

     This really bothered me and I questioned God about it.

"God, you said that once I decided to follow you, you

     would walk with me all the way, but I noticed that

     during the most troublesome time in my life there

     is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in the

     times when I needed you most, you would leave me."

God replied. "My precious precious child, I love you

     and I would never never leave you during your

     times of trials and suffering.

     When you see only one set of footprints

     it was then that I carried you."