Food For Thought - Author Unknown

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000-member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying sub-machine guns. One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are." Immediately, the choir fled, the deacons fled, and most of the congregation fled. Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 20. 

The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the preacher and said, Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!" 

And the two men turned and walked out. 
*************************************************************
THE SHADOW OF THE CROSS 

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often. 

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body in the shape of a cross. Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs. 
*************************************************************
QUESTIONS
I asked God to take away my pain. God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up. 

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. God said, No. Her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary. 

I asked God to grant me patience. God said, No. Patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn't granted, it is earned. 

I asked God to give me happiness. God said, No. I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you. 

I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me. 

I asked God to make my spirit grow. God said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful. 

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. God said, No. I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things. 

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me. God said... Ahhhh, finally you have the idea. 
*************************************************************
A SIGN OF THE TIMES 

They lie on the table, side by side The Holy Bible and the TV Guide. 

One is well worn, but cherished with pride (Not the Bible, but the TV Guide) 

One is used daily to help folks decide. (Not the Bible: it's the TV Guide.) 

As the pages are turned, what shall they see Oh, what does it matter?...turn on the TV. 

Then confusion reigns, they can't all agree on what they shall watch on the old TV. 

So they open the book in which they confide (No, not the Bible.....it's the TV Guide.) 

The Word of God is seldom read. Maybe a verse e'er they fall into bed. 

Exhausted and sleepy and tired as can be... not from reading the Bible-from watching TV. 

So then back to the table, side by side, lay the Holy Bible and the TV Guide. 

No time for prayer....no time for the Word. The plan of salvation is seldom heard. 

But forgiveness of sin so full and free is found in the Bible.....NOT on TV!