Flame of Love - Author Unknown

“I can master it,” said the Axe. His blows fell heavy on the hard, strong steel. But each blow only made his edge more blunt until he ceased to strike.


“Leave it to me,” said the Saw. With his relentless teeth, he worked back and forth. But to his dismay, all of his teeth were worn out or broken off.


“Ha!” said the Hammer. “I knew you could not do this. Let me show you how.” But with the very first blow, his head flew off, and the steel was unchanged.


“Shall I try?” asked the Flame. And it curled itself gently around the strong, hard steel, embraced it, and would not let it go. And the tough steel melted.




There are hearts that are hard enough to resist the forces of wrath and the fury of pride.


But hard is the heart that can resist the warm flame of Love.