Windshield Wipers - Author Unknown

One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.


Suddenly, my son Matthew spoke up from his relaxed position in the front seat: “Dad, I’m thinking of something.”


This announcement usually meant he had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that his seven-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear.


“What are you thinking?” I asked.


“The rain,” he began, “is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like God wiping our sins away.”


After the chill bumps raced up my arms, I was able to respond.


“That’s really good, Matthew.”


Then my curiosity broke in. How far would my little boy take this revelation?


So I asked, “Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?”


Matthew didn’t hesitate one moment with his answer: “We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us.”


I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.